Saturday, September 11, 2010

Perspective

Do you think I might guess correctly if I were to ask which of these you would rather see? They are both the sun rising in the sky as she does every morning. They are about a thousand miles apart, almost a straight line heading north and south.

Is one more precious viewed maybe once a year for only five mornings? Is the other unnoticed because of the trees and familiarity of going out my back door?

They are both the blush of morning's kiss spilling pastel colors across the sky's canvas. Trees, miles, and frequency aside, may I never take such a touch of life and nature's love for granted and let it go unnoticed. One may be what I would like to see. The other is what I see. The touch, the love, the promise to be is what links them and makes them the same. Destiny.