Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Bread Crumb Debate

Part of my profile description refers to leaving bread crumbs along this path I travel. In the genuine spirit of my wandering heart, a trail of bread crumbs you may find:

You can close your eyes, snap your fingers and/or click your heels. You still won’t get to Kansas. But if that makes you pause and take a time out, then by all means go for it, you may find yourself in a better place than Kansas (no offense Kansas).

You can say “I think I can, I think I can, I think I can” over and over and sometimes, well, you can’t. Better to be honest and know what you can do than to keep beating your head against a wall. Remember Einstein’s definition of insanity.

It will rain on your parade. So, are you worried the float will melt?

You can save for a rainy day, but there is no guarantee that the rain will not wash away your savings. May we always remember this one and not judge or not see those who need help. The rain can just as easily fall on us.

Sometimes the best laid plans are best laid aside. That’s ok, just don’t become a hoarder. Recycle, it’s good for the soul and the earth.

Just because you “build it” doesn’t mean they will come. Did you remember to send the invitations? Sometimes you just can’t sit and wait for opportunity to not only knock but open the door and yell “Hey you! Over here!”

Only in the old western movies can you tell the good guys from the bad guys by the color of their hats. Maybe it is a good thing that we have to get to know people and not rely on first impressions.

A little off beat tonight, I admit. But some days you just can’t explain. It’s been an off beat kind of day and a good debate with yourself is sometimes healthy. And if that doesn't work, well, just grab your raft and ride the surf.