Friday, March 12, 2010

Note on the Refrigerator

    I really wanted to write tonight. The fog in Minnesota has lifted and we actually saw the blue sky for the first time in days. My brain and little spirit were trying desperately to spaz like a cat attacking its own shadow. If you could crumple your computer screen like wads of paper I would have a bio hazard scattered all over my floor. In the end I guess all I really wanted to say has been said.
    When I gaze out to the first moon I’ve seen in several nights my thoughts go forth into the night to those I love, those I don’t know who are in pain, and to the world at large. And though it was not Gabriel Oak’s intent in the book, “Far From the Maddening Crowd,” when he spoke, I think for tonight he speaks my heart
And at home by the fire, whenever you look up, there I shall be -- and whenever I look up there will be you.
And with that, I leave my love note on the refrigerator of life to all.